Saturday, February 25, 2017

R.N. Goldstein

One of the great rarities in life is when someone actually acts on a 'crush', as the accepted definition of a 'crush' is when someone is enamored with someone out of their league, who is considered unobtainable, and unlikely ever to be in their orbit let alone romantically involved with them. This is, I fear, all that I will ever be able to do in regards to acting on this crush.

Oh, Rebecca, I have a crush on you. Rebecca Newberg Goldstein is a brilliant, erudite, funny and from her photos on her books - quite attractive - scholar and novelist whose credentials & awards are absolutely awe inspiring, thus making her physical beauty the least interesting thing about her.

First made aware of her non-fiction specifically "Plato at the Googleplex" (on the continued relevance of philosophy to modern life - One of the best books of 2014 by W. Post) and then her riotous fictional account of the lives of several academics (that also brings up too many questions in too many dynamics to discuss here) "36 Arguments for the Existence of God" , I have developed something of a crippling crush on this genius.
When I mentioned this to my friend, himself an accomplished attorney, he said with no relish but with absolute honesty "Steven, she's out of your league." Ah well, at least I can keep reading her.

No comments:

Post a Comment