Saturday, February 25, 2017

Margaret Atwood

How excited am I to hear that they have made "The Handmaidens Tale" into a Hulu series? Oh, Margaret Atwood, I love your work and I'd been praying for the Oryx sand Crake trilogy to come to the screen, but this will more than hold me over.

Ms. Atwood is my favorite Canadian writer, and she only grows in my esteem with every work of hers I read. Whenever I read of an award for a collective body of work, I expect to see her name as the recipient. She can write anything, absolutely whatever she feels like, and when she does, she does so with flawless grace.

The Blind Assassin should come to the screen someday too in my humble opinion, but as I write from prison and don't have the internet perhaps it already has and will be waiting for me when I am free - that would be a dream come true.

She won the prestigious Man Booker Prize amongst many other awards, and she will only continue to win again and and again as long as she gifts us with more incredible stories.

Ms. Atwood, you rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment